Monday, April 18, 2011

Sweet Potato Bake


    This is really good. Has lots of flavor. I cut leftovers in serving sizes, froze on a flat container. When frozen I put in freezer bags an labeled. Great for future use. Actually I spend Saturday trying new recipes to share with you on my blog. It was way to cold and windy to be working in my yard, and I would rather cook then clean any day.Ended up freezing a lot and sharing some of the food with others. I hope you enjoy this recipe.


    Ingredients:



    • 2 onions-diced 1/2"

    • **2 Tablespoons fresh ginger-minced fine-I used my food processor

    • 2 large carrots-scrubbed clean-and cut into small circles

    • 4 stalks celery-cleaned and diced into 1/4" pieces

    • 3 sweet potatoes-peeled, diced into 1/2"pieces

    • 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Seasoning

    • 1 cup dry white wine

    • 2 cups plain soy milk-I used Plain Soy Creamer, as I had it and it needed to be used.

    • Freshly ground black pepper

    • Panko Crumbs-low sodium-The ones I had contained 40 mg. of sodium.

    Directions:


    Saute onions and ginger in a sprayed cast iron pan, 2-3 minutes. Add carrots,celery, sweet potatoes. Continue sauteing for several minutes Add seasonings and wine.Loosen all caramelized bits on bottom of pan. Reduce wine to 75%, Add soy milk or creamer. Continue cooking on low heat, until potatoes are cooked through about 25 minutes. Turn oven to 350 degrees. Put cooked mixture into a sprayed 8 by 8" glass pan. Top with Panko Crumbs, pat down. Put a few dollops of Earth Balance on the top. Bake at 350 degrees about 30-45 minutes until top is golden brown.


    -


    Tips: **I do not peel ginger. Just scrub clean and continue process to follow recipe. the skin is very thin and does not need to be removed. I usually make my own crumbs but like Panko for this recipe as they are so fine. Have a super great day! Enjoy!!

    No comments: