Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quesadillas






OMG!!!! These are absolutely excellent. What a treat as an appetizer, or as a meal. Kids of all ages will love them. Guess that includes me!!!! YEAH!!!!!

I found the recipe in the cookbook, Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.

I did add Vegan Cheese to the recipe.


Ingredients:


  • I used corn tortillas-Next time I will use Fat Flush Tortillas as they are larger (from Festival-Natural Food Aisle)

  • Hummus of choice

  • Salsa-I used Frog Ranch-lower in sodium

  • Scallions-green onions-chopped fine

  • Daiya Mozzarella Cheese-This is dairy free and melts-Festival Foods has it in the Natural Food Aisle.

Directions:

In a sprayed skillet (get it quite hot) place a tortilla shell that has been spread with hummus. Sprinkle cheese on top, top cheese with another tortilla shell. When shell get toasty brown (3-5 minutes) flip and toast the other side. When second side is golden brown, remove from heat and cut into quarters. Top with salsa and green onions. Serve hot.


Enjoy!!!!! Oh so very good!!



Have a super wonderful day!!



No comments: