Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chocolate Graham Cracker Candy Bar


Melty, gooey, delicious and easy.


I founed this recipe in The Part time Vegan Cookbook by Cherise Grifoni.


I was invited out for supper and was suppose to bring a dessert. As their was going to be young people there I decided to make this oh so good dessert. Thank God I could leave the left overs at there home. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too dangerous for me in my home even though they are Vegan.



Ingredients:


  • 1 cup almond butter-I used peanut butter as I did not have almond butter in the house


  • 8 vegan graham crackers-quartered


  • 1 cup vegan chocolate chips-I like the Dream Chips as they melt nice and have a good taste


  • 1/4 cup vegan margarine-I used Earth Balance


  • 1/2 cup coconut flakes


  • 1/4 cup walnuts chopped very fine


Directions:



  1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.


  2. Spread about 1 Tablespoon almond butter on a cracker. top with another cracker to make a sandwich.


  3. Over low heat or in a double boiler melt chips and margarine.


  4. Using tongs dip each sandwich in the chocolate to coat.- I found it worked much better with a knife or spatula.


  5. Sprinkle with coconut and nuts. Lightly press down.


  6. Refrigerate about 1 hour until firm.

Give them a try when you have company.



Enjoy!!





No comments: