Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oatmeal Cookies



I stopped to see my bike riding friend yesterday, and she was in the throws of making Oatmeal Cookies. (No not CHIP approved). They smelled so good that I decided to come home and make a healthier version-CHIP approved. What temptations when I stop there as she usual has something tasty and oh so naughty that she just made. She cooks and bakes the way I use to before CHIP.
I used my tried and true scooper from Pampered Chef to form the cookies. (top Picture)

Anyway this is my version of Oatmeal Cookies. I hate making a mess and having nothing to show for it. So I doubled the recipe. I am assuming they will freeze beautifully.

This is the doubled recipe.

Remember we can have anything the rest of the world eats, we just need a healthy version of it. I make cookies smaller and don't eat too many, as this is a treat.

Ingredients:

2/3 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread- You will find it at Festival in Natural Food Aisle

I cup Organic Dark Brown Sugar

1/16 teaspoon Stevia

2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce

4 Tablespoons soy milk

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour-I used the pastry flour as it is a lighter flour.

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Pinch of salt-After tasting a cookie after I made the first batch I decided it was screaming for

some salt.

3 1/2 cups of quick cooking oatmeal

1 cup unsweetened coconut

1 1/2 cup raisins

1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Cream together Earth Balance, sugar and Stevia.

Add the applesauce, vanilla and soy milk

Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl. Add to above mixture.

Stir in the oatmeal.

Add raisins, coconut and nuts. Mix.

With the scooper drop dough on greased cookie sheet. Press dough down to flatten.

Bake about 15 minutes rotating cookie sheets.

These turned out really good. Any thoughts on this recipe, please leave a comment.



Enjoy!!!
Most of all Enjoy the sun. Isn't it wonderful after all this rain we had.












No comments: