Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eggplant Veggie Appetizer




I had this eggplant that needed to be used up and wasn't real sure what to do with it.


I decided to roast it and through some veggies I had in the frig with it and make an appetizer.




Ingredients:




  • 1 eggplant-roasted


  • 3-4 green onions- chopped


  • 2-3 garlic cloves-chopped fine


  • 2 tomatoes-chopped


  • 1 green pepper-chopped


  • 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning


  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste


  • lemon juice-sprinkle on egg plant after you cut it in half.




Directions.




  1. With a fork poke holes all around the eggplant. Roast at 375 degrees until charred. Cool down, Cut the eggplant in half Remove the peel, remove the seeds and chopped the eggplant.


  2. Add to above mixture


  3. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to marinate.


  4. Using a high fiber Baquette, I rubbed it with a clove of garlic, then spread with a small amount of Earth Balance.


  5. I then toasted it in my small oven.


  6. Top with filling and a small amount of Daiya Mozzarella Cheese. (This is a Vegan Cheese that you can find at Festival Foods.)


  7. Toast until cheeses is melted.


Enjoy immediately.




Comment from Verna's Kitchen:




I made this up as I went. You could put in any seasoning you like, including a touch of Siracha sauce.












No comments: