Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fat Flush Tortilla Wrap-with Mung Sprouts





This is a recipe that I lived on the first year I was in CHIP. It is quick and oh so easy. Use any veggies you have in the frig.


It is a non recipe and oh so very good. When I go on long bike rides this is usually the choice of food to take along ( put in a sandwich bag works great) with a piece of fruit.



Use Fat Flush Tortilla Shells. You will find these at Festival Foods on Northland Ave.,in the Natural Food Aisle in the freezer case.


Spread with Vegan Mayo- I love the Grapeseed Oil Vegan Mayonnaise-again at Festival Foods


or creamy horseradish sauce or humus. take your pick.


Top with any of the following:



  • tomatoes-chopped

  • cucumbers-chopped

  • String less sugar pea pods

  • Shredded carrots

  • Avocado-sliced

  • Red or green peppers

  • Baby greens of choice


  • Green onions-chopped


  • Chopped broccoli-etc, etc,

Of course sprouts on the top. The sprouts in these pictures are Mung Sprouts that I grow. It is so easy to grow sprouts and as you can see so nice and green. I love them just too munch on when I am hungry. They are nutty and oh so very healthy.


Usually when my sprouts get to the point when they are nice and green you do not see the seeds. I moved them from one sprouting pan to another to fill it up for the picture. Consequently you see the seeds.



I usually keep a few packages of Fat Flush Tortilla shells in my freezer for those days that I don't have time or don't want to take time to make something more involved.



Enjoy!!!












No comments: