Friday, October 5, 2012

Black Bean Oatmeal Burger

Chef Larry from AMC Hospital Cafeteria, gave me this recipe the other evening. I made it for lunch today.
I know the slice of tomato is too big
. They came out of my garden, being the end of the season I sliced it big. I LOVE fresh tomatos from the garden. I see my burger is a little lopsised also, but I am sure you don't mind. I was in a big hurry. To much to do and not enough time.  I used green onions on my sandwich as they where left over. Hate throwing food away.
Give this sandwich a try, you may jut like it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained an rinsed
  • 1 14.5 oz. can tomatoes with zesty mild chilies
  • 1 garlic clove chopped-or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 green onions chopped-I used 4 as they where small
  • 1 cup chopped carrots
  • 1 cup cilantro or parsley
  • 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats

Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Put first 7 ingredients in a food procesor until blend.-I blened to the size of a small pea-wantd the texture.
  3. Add to the oats and stir.
  4. Form into patties, put on a baking shete and bake for 8 minutes-I put parchment paper on baking sheet first.
  5. Turn oven up and broil for 2 minutes more until tops are nicely browned
  6. You can also "fry" the burgers in a nonstick pan until both sides are browned or put on the grill.
  7. Serve on whole wheat toasted bun, serve with lettuce, tomato, onion, musturd or ketchup.
Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Leslie I said...

Made these for dinner tonight. Easy to make and yummy.