Sunday, October 21, 2012

Verna's Baked Chips

  1. I used 3 Russet Potatoes to make these chips. After slicing them as thin as I could (I don't have a mandolin) I soaked them in ice water for 30-45 minutes to get rid of some of the starch and also this helps make the chips crispier.
  2. Make sure to separate the sliced potatoes before soaking. 
  3. Drain the potatoes and dry very well with a towel.
  4. Put dried potato slices in a plastic bag. I added less than a tablespoon of oil.
  5. Shake bag very well.
  6. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, not overlapping the potato chips.
  7. I sprinkled the potato chips with Braggs 24 Herbs and Seasonings and some of Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle Seasoning.
  8. Bake at 425 Degrees for 25-35 miutes or until crisp.
  9. watch closely as the thinner potatoes will be baked sooner.
  10. Put on serving tray.
  11. I went in my herb garden to find some herbs and sprinkled chives and a few other seasonings I had still growing outside over my baked chips. Nice substitute for any high choleric dips.
Enjoy!!!

No comments: