Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cheesy Potato Casserole

My friend Jean gave me this recipe. She changed the original recipe and I changed it even more. The original recipe was on the VegWeb.com site. This site has so very many 5 star recipes, that sound absolutely awesome.

This is my version of the recipe:

Ingredients:

About 6 medium potatoes, cleaned, bad spots cut off, sliced thin. (I did not peel the potatoes)
2-3 red onions-sliced-not chopped
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast- (This will give the Cheesy flavor)
2-3 squirts Braggs Liquid Aminoes ( This will give the salt flavor)
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
rice mild or plain soy milk (I used about 3 cups or so)
black pepper to taste
Bragg Sprinkle 24 Herbs and Spice Seasonings to taste ( the only place I have ever found this is at Woodman's in the Natural food aisle 22. It has no salt in it)

1-In a sprayed 8" glass square pan:
2-Put in about 3 sliced potatoes in bottom of pan.
3-*Layer with about half of the onions .
4-Put the remaining layer of potatoes on next.
5-For the top layer, cover with the rest of the onions.

Sauce:
You want the sauce to come up about 2/3 of the way in your pan. If you put it all the way to the top, you will have a mess in your oven.

About 3 cups of rice milk/soy milk
add:
Nutritional Yeast
Braggs Liquid Aminos
and all of the seasonings
Mix well, and pour over potato, onion mixture. (If it is not high enough with liquid, I just poured more rice milk over top

Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

*You want lots of onions on top, because they will brown so beautifully.

This recipe is excellent. Adjust to your own taste.

Need to run off to church and then babysitting for my 2 very young grand babies. What fun!!!!


No comments: