Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympics

Yeah, the Olympics have started.
I love to watch them, especially opening night. I couldn't believe it, when I turned on the TV, I could not get them. So I was off to some good friends home to watch the Olympics with them.
Well of course my friend had to feed me, so I had a salad with her and her husband. But what was really cool was she had made cauliflower mashed potatoes which we put on the salad. It was really good and gave the salad yet another texture, which was creamy and smooth.
Made you think you where eating some thing really naughty. Well I had a head of cauliflower in the frig, so this morning I made the recipe, but made some changes. Oh, it was so very good!!!!

Recipe:

Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes

1-1 head cauliflower-after cleaning I ran it all through the food processor. My processor wasn't big enough to handle the entire head, so I had to do half of the head, scrape into bowl, then process the rest of the head of cauliflower. Of yes, throw in a clove of garlic while processing. Next time I will add more garlic.
2-Put all of processes cauliflower in a bowl.

Add:
2 Tablespoons of oil. The recipe called for 1/4 of a cup. (Not necessary)
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast- (this was my addition)
2-3 squirts of Brags liquid Aminos-(my addition)
pepper to taste

Mix well


Eating just like this is really good for you as it is raw. Heating above 180 degrees kills the enzymes which we need to keep our body healthy. This was really great on a salad, as mashed potatoes, or in place of rice. Put in pita shells, tortilla shells with other veggies. I am sure their are two zillion ways to use this. Any ideas you may have would be appreciated.

When I was in Penn. last year, I met a very special lady from Japan, who lives in Texas. When we where in California in November, we spend allot of time together. She has become a very special friend. I mention her because she is a Dr. and has a clinic in Texas. She eats mostly raw foods. I so want to work more into that direction, as I know it is so good for you. Well this recipe is a great start.

Well the games where ready to start. So my friend made some pop corn (not in the microwave) Earlier in the day I saw a topping for pop corn that sounded really interesting. The idea came from the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar Book.

Recipe:

This is what we did.
1-Pop the pop corn in air popper, put the pop corn a in bowl, we had 3 people. Everyone made their own concoctions according to how they liked it.
2- In small bowl, but oil of choice. I used about 2 Tablespoons oil.
3-Added a couple sprays of Braggs Liquid Aminos. ( this will help to give it a salty taste)
4-Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with mother in it. I went rather easy as I was not sure about this, but added more later.
5-Braggs Nutritional Yeast- I went heavy on this, gives a cheesy flavor.
6-Braggs sprinkle seasoning, which has 24 herbs and spices and no salt.

This pop corn was really good, anxious to make it again.

It turned out to be a very nice evening with special friends. Got to see the opening night of the Olympics. Also tried some new recipes, and today tweak them to my taste. What more would I want.

No comments: