Saturday, February 6, 2010

Garlic and Herb Cauliflower Bites

Restaurant

Before I share the recipe, I would like to tell you about a restaurant on 233 E College Ave. It is called Harmony Cafe. It is where Pilgrims Cafe used to be.
It's not a fancy-schmancy restaurant. But they sure have a nice selection of foods. Besides a nice salad selection, they also have a nice variety of vegetarian recipes. Including wraps,and grilled sandwiches,
walnut burger etc.
They also have a selection of vegan recipes. Including sandwiches, wraps, pizza and yes lasagna. Yummy, yummy!!!!!
Sounds like a great place to try. I would like to take my daughter out to eat, maybe we will try their. Their phone number is 920-734-2233, to find out their hours.
The prices look wonderful. The lasagna is only $6.50.Nice and low!!!!!! Actually that was one of the more expensive meals.

Recipe

I don't have a picture of this.I ate it all up and then realized should have taken a picture. Way too late at that point. I got the recipe from a group called Meatout Mondays.Every Friday they send me a recipe on my email. Most are very good. Some times, they need some tweaking to fit my personal taste. The web address is,[ recipes@meatoutmondays.org]

The name of the recipe is:

Garlic and Herb Cauliflower Bites

Ingredients:

1 head cauliflower
2-clove garlic-peeled- I used 3 big ones.
Handful fresh herbs, ( a few sprigs of rosemary, parsley and sage)
4 Tablespoons olive oil- I used 3 Tablespoons
2 cups of fine, dried seasoned breadcrumbs.( I usually make my own, but used Panko, Japanese Style Breading and added Italian seasonings to it.)

Directions:

1-Break cauliflower into small florets, about as big as a quarter ( I cut the stems off and put in my broth bag in the freezer) place in a large bowl.
2-Put garlic, herbs and olive oil into food processor or blender and mix until garlic is completely blended.
3-Pour oil mixture over cauliflower, stir until all cauliflower bits are evenly coated. (note it works best, and breaks less cauliflower if you use your hands)
4-Pour seasoned breadcrumbs over cauliflower, toss carefully again, until all breadcrumbs are stuck on to cauliflower. ( Note: depending on how dry the crumbs are, you might need more crumbs; cauliflower should be evenly coated and dry)
5-Put carefully unto a sprayed cookie sheet, roast at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until tender-soft when pierced with a fork.

Note; I roasted mine for almost 30 min until golden brown.

It was suggested to serve with BB Sauce, spicy mustard or ketchup.
I dipped mine in Roland Thai Style Spicy-Chili Sweet Sauce.

Woodman's has cauliflower, $1.29 a head.That is a really good deal.

enjoy.

Would be interested in your comments.

No comments: