Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thank God for February.

February is going so much better. It's great to be back on track.

At 5:30 this morning, I worked out on my tread mill for 35. min. Then went to Inches-Away and worked out on their machines. They have a new person their and she gave me a really good work out. I was lifting weights, on all the machines, which I have never done before.My muscles are really sore tonight.I came home from Inches-away and shoveled the snow out of my driveway. And I have a very long driveway.
This afternoon I worked on my very poor Hoola Hooping skills. Then this evening, after coming home from the alumni meeting, I went on my recumbent bike for 30 minutes. ( It was so wonderful too see so many of you at the meeting tonight.)
How is that for a good work out for today??

Last evening in our class we brought in weighted Hoola Hoops. It was so much fun watching the men as well as the woman, trying their skills at keeping the Hoola Hoop where it's suppose to be. Unlike me, mine was usually on the floor. I wasn't good at Hoola Hooping when I was a young girl. But I decided too learn in my more mature years. Trying new things, is what keeps life fun and full of adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Verna,
I'm glad I found the site. I have to say that after the class last night, I was completely inspired. What I am getting out of the class is tht there is indeed hope. Often, because of the clients I deal with, I tend to forget that. The things I am learning from you and Heifi are amazing, I am really getting the attitude part. The Chip program has been really good for me I think. I still keep saying to people that although I really enjoy eating this new way, "I'll believe it when I see it". Sounds like a doubting Thomas. I am finding out little things however. All the stuff you say about energy and feeling better has come true for me. I am trying to helpmy son eat healthier also. Finally, the big deal is what I learned last night, again, "how you touch people is the important thing about living." God bless.
Mike

Verna V said...

@AnonymousMile that isw so cool. I am so glad the CHIP program is helping you.
Yes the program gives us hope.
That ;s what we need to do for one another, for at times we all struggle.
Keep up the good work.