Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lime Mango Sorbet


I wish I had a mint sprig to put on this. It would have looked a lot better than just like this. Didn't want to dig under the snow to see if my mint was usable.
-
My friend, Diane brought this last week for our CHIP Graduation. It is really very tasty and oh so easy to make. I had a bag of mangoes in my freezer from last fall so it was a great way to use them.
-
The recipe came from the Vegetarian Magazine.
-
Ingredients:
  • 4 cups cubed frozen mangoes or 1 bag Dole Mango Chunks.
  • 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Directions:
  1. Thaw mangoes for 15 minutes.
  2. Put mangoes in a food processor. Process until very smooth.
  3. Add Agave Nectar and lime juice.
  4. Continue processing until very smooth.
  5. Will be the consistency of a pudding.
  6. Put in freezer, let sit for 30 minutes.
  7. Stir every 15 minutes until ready to serve.
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's up with the mangoes all the time. I never got one and don't know what to look for. Can you do a new post and explain the life of a mango from store to platter?
give me a picture too. wha'ts it supposed to look like when I buy it, how long it lasts and all of that stuff.

Anonymous said...

you could add some coconut to that!