Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Verna's Twice Baked Potatoes-with Peas

I had all of these potatoes in my cupboard that needed to get used.So last Saturday I pulled out 8 Idaho potatoes and decided to twice bake them. Which happens to be one of my favorite foods.
After scrubbing and baking them, I scooped out the insides, after they had cooled

To the scooped out potatoes I added the following.

Ingredients:
  • Plain Soy Yogurt
  • Earth Balance Butter
  • Rice Milk if needed
  • Beat till smooth., and to the consistency desired.

Add the following:
  • onion powder
  • garlic powder
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • green onions-chopped fine
  • Baby spinach-which I put in the food processor to chop.
  • Mix together well.

Directions:
  1. Fill the potato shells with the above mixtue.
  2. Put on cookie sheet to freeze.
  3. After frozen, I put 2 half potatoes in a small freezer bag and froze.
  4. When ready to eat, bake in the oven.
  5. Quick and easy and always available as long as you have some in the freezer.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments: