Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mexican Corn, Red Pepper Salad


I am off the dessert kick. Yippee!!!!!
-


Had some cilantro I needed to use up. Of course what else , but a Mexican Salad. This again is a Verna recipe. I concocted it as I went. It was kind of a no-brainer.
When you are my age , that is very easy to do. My daughter informed me a few weeks ago, that my kids are old. That makes me reeeeeally old.
But I love being this age and healthy at that!!!!! What more could I want!!!!
-
Isn't this a beautiful salad, with all of it's colors.? It would be great for a family get together or potluck.
-

Ingredients:
  • 1- 16 of bag frozen corn
  • 1 large red bell pepper-chopped
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic in a jar-I was in a hurry as it was 9:30 pm
  • 2.25 oz.jar -sliced black olives
  • 5 green onions- chopped with half of the greens
  • 2 medium tomatoes- chopped-seeds removed
  • 1/4-1/2 cilantro-chopped fine.
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon coriander
  • 2Tablespoons Braggs Apple cider Vinegar
    Several healthy shakes-Mrs.Dash Southwest Chipolte Seasoning-to taste.
  • Siracha Hot Chili Sauce -to taste
Directions:
  1. Spread the bag of frozen corn out on a sprayed 13 by 9" glass pan. Bake at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes. Turning once, until golden brown.
  2. While the corn is roasting, chop and mix all the rest of the ingredients.
  3. Add corn when cooled.
  4. Mix well.
  5. Refrigerate.
  6. I put this on a bed of baby greens!!!
Roasting corn gives it a nutty, chewy texture that is really good in this recipe.
-
Remember this is Mexican Recipe. Mexican is HOT!!!!
We like it hot, because it is good for our metabolism.
So go HOT!!!
-
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should make it more mild because hot KILLS by stomach lining :)