Wednesday, July 3, 2013

7/3/13 we rode 13 miles on the Fox River State Trail

Today my bike riding friend, Mary and I went to Geen Bay to ride the Fox River State Trail. In the past we would park in Green Leaf and bike to Green Bay, round trip that would be 32 miles.
My knees are not in great condition and I am just back on my bike as of 3 weeks ago. We parked in DePere at Voyager Park and rode to Green Bay and back which was 10 miles. After a well needed picnic lunch we rode to DePere, but kept it short as my knees where really starting to hurt.

If you have never rode this trail it is a must. You will find manacured lawns along the way. Resturants in DePere beckoning for you to come in as the aromas are unbelievabley tempting. (we didn't of course)
Near Green Bay you will ride with the river off to your left and beautiful homes with their gorgous flowers off to the right.
Mary and I have biked around WI. and this is probably my favorite trail. Not only because of the schenery but you can ride 2 abreast most of the way. Tall trees frame the path on either side which give much protecton from the wind and hot sun. Also the trail is black topped all the way.

What a delightful day.

Give this trail a try. I know you will love it as much as we do.

No comments: