Thursday, July 18, 2013

Nacho Pie

This recipe comes from Sara Moulton with lots of changes and additions.. I served this to my friends yesterday. It is quick and easy. In fact I made the filling the day before so all I had to do was put it together the day that I had the company come.

I am starting with the directions as it is so easy.

Directions:
  • Saute 1 1/2  cups chopped onion.
  • Add 1 chopped green pepper, continue to saute.
  • Add 5 6 medium portabella mushroos cut into 1/2 " cubes. Continue to saute 2-3 minutes more.
  • Add 1 can drained aaand rinsed black beans
  • Add 1can corn-I used frozen corn, about 1 1/2 cups.
  • Add 1 16 oz container salsa
  • Oh yes almost forgot, I added a chopped jalapeno pepper-Optional
  •  Add 1 1/4 cups tomato juice-I used my canned V 8 Juice.
  • Bag of low-sodium tortilla chips of choice
  • 2 cups of cheese of choice

  1. In a 8" by 13" sprayed glass pan, layer tortilla chips over the bottom of the pan.
  2. Cover chips with 1 cup of the cheese..
  3. Mix togther everything but chips and cheese.
  4. Pour mixture over the top of the cheese in the 9 by 13" pan, spread over entire top.
  5. Put another layer of chips over the vegetable mixture.
  6. Bake covered for 30 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
  7. The last 10 minutes add the rest of the cheese-keep baking until the cheese is melted and gooy and yummy.
Serve immedietely.

The recipe had suggested putting the last layer of cheese on when  you bake it for 30 min. I should know better, but I did and it looks like a crust on top. It was not enjoyable. Put the last layer of cheese on the last few minutes of baking.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: