Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ice Cream Recipe from Pastor John Glass

Yeah, my blog is working again. Still don't have the spell check working, so please bare with me.

I had one of Dr. Hans Diehls friends Pastor John Glass, stop by a few weeks ago. In conversation he mentioned this ice cream recipe.
If you want to taste something really scrumtious, give this a try. I served it to my company yesterday and they took second helpings, (after having a piece of pineapple pie) I had a feeling that if I would have offered the third helping to my gentleman friend  (my friends husband) would have taken more.  That's how good it is!!!
I wanted to save some as I had another friend coming for the evening meal.

I used equal amounts of frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries and just a bit of frozen banana's.
I found that the ice cream was too watery so I added more frozen fruit. Next time I would go a little easy on the creamer.  You want it to be the consistency of soft serve ice cream. I made it up just before the company arrived and it was a nice consistency when it was time to serve it.
 This ice cream will get really hard if it is in the freezer for more than several hours. If this should happen,  leave it soften on the counter for a bit than put it back in the food processor to make it nice and creamy.

On these hot days this is such a treat.

This is how Pastor John Glass told me to make the recipe. Oh yes quick and easy and OH so very good.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups frozen fruit
  • 1 pint French Vanilla Soy Creamer
  • 1/2 cup Better Than Milk Powder-I found this at Woodmans by the dry milk products
  • Squirt of honey or Agave Nectar

Directions.
  1. Put in the food procesor and blend on high until the consictency of soft serve ice cream.
  2. I told you it was quick and easy.
Thank you Pastor Glass for this scrutios recipe.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: