Saturday, July 27, 2013

Green Bean Casserole




I had these green beans in the frig. that I had picked out of my garden. There where not enough to can so I decided to do a green bean casserole. It was so easy as the  soup was basically the flavoring.

I sauteed 1 onion that I chopped in the food processor.
Added some leftover roasted garlic to the pan..
I cleaned and blanched the green beans just for a minute or two. Drained them and added to the onion mixture. I wanted them crisp not soft and icky in the finished casserole.
Mix well.
Put in sprayed casserole dish.
I had a few WW buns in the freezer which I put in my food processor, and processed them to coarse crumbs.
I put these on top of the beans with a couple pats of vegan butter.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

OMG these were just so very tasty.

Give this recipe a try. I believe you will love it.

No comments: