Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Avacado Dip

I
I went to my great grandsons baptism on Sunday. After the service we had a really nice meal Someone brought this recipe, which they served with crackers. Veggies would be even better with  this recipe.
Give it a try, I think you will really enjoy it. Plus it is quick and easy to make.
I did change a few things in the recipe which I will tell you after the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 cans black beans-drained
1 can corn-drained
3 tomatoes-diced
1 small to medium onion-chopped
3 avacadoes-mashed
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup oil
1 pkg. dry Italian Dressing Mix.
Directions:
Mash avacadoes and add the rest of the ingredients.
refrigerate to blend the flavors.

Tips from Verna's Test Kitchen:
These are the changes I made.
I used frozen corn in place of the canned
Instead of vinegar I used lime juice.
Also I did not use the Italian Dressing Mix, but used 2 Tablespoons of the following.



In a small jar, mix the following.
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 Tablespoons oregano

1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 Tablespoon sugar-optional
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
Mix together and store in a tight container in the fridge.

This mixture can be used for a Italian Dressing also by adding:
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup oil
with 2 tablespoons of the mix.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: