Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Broccoli Salad

I ran across this recipe and used to make it all the time. It is so very versatile and very good.

Broccoli Salad:

fresh broccoli cut into bite size pieces
red grapes-cut in half
shredded carrots
celery


Mix together:
mayonnaise- I use Hellman's ( go easy with it,) Use whatever mayonnaise you like.
honey or agave nectar
apple cider vinegar-I use Bragg's with the mother in it
fresh ground black pepper
Pour over vegetables and refrigerate.

Added ingredients if desired :

raisins
green onions
cashews
water chestnuts
cauliflower-I like using the yellow cauliflower when available, especially if company is coming.
You could use nutritional yeast and cayenne pepper in the sauce also.



This is a recipe that I have no measurements for. I start with broccoli and then use what I have on hand.

Make sauce separately to your own taste of sweetness.

Enjoy!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you get nutritional yeast?
what does it do and what does it cost?

Verna V said...

@AnonymousYou can buy Nutritional Yeast at Woodmen's or Festival Foods in the natural food aisles. Aisle 21 and 22 at Woodman’s. At Festival Foods, you will find in the aisle after the produce. Nutritional yeast gives a cheesy flavor without all the calories. I will be making a cheese sauce with it to go with my broccoli calzones in the next week. Will post later.

Anonymous said...

My wife made this and it was great. And I don't like Broccoli