Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mangoes

I meant to tell you, when I was at Sam's Cub yesterday, I picked up the most wonderful mangoes. After peeling, I cut off most of the mango and then ate what was left around the pit.If you have never tried mangoes these where just so unbelievably juicy. Oh so very yummy!!

It was a mango that I had never seen before. They came out of Texas, and are called Ataulfo Mangoes. The entire mango is a golden yellow in color. Well worth your time to stop at Sams and pick up your mangoes and ice cream machine at the same time. You will be so glad you did.

I am making a coffee ice cream with in the next hour. Will share with you after it is made, if it turns out. It is a Verna recipe, so we will see.. Yes, it's healthy ice cream.

I stopped at Woodman's today just to check if they had Muesli still on sale-2 for $5.00, which is a fabulous price. Freeze for future use, as this price will not be that price very much longer.Many other items where still on sale in the natural Food Aisles-21-22.

Just wanted to let you know about the great prices. Groceries are getting so expensive. I love deals and I am sure you do also.

Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Robbi said...

I love Verna's blog! Thank you for the recipes and great info.

Verna V said...

Thanks Robbi
I am so glad that my blog is helping you.
Have a super day!