Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chocolate Banana Ice Cream


I did a demonstration of this ice cream, in front of the CHIP Class, last evening.
Several people asked me for a recipe.
This is a quick and easy dessert to make at any time. If you have frozen banana's in the freezer, you are ready to go.
-
When I get a good buy on banana's, I peel, and cut them in about 1/4 " rounds.
Freeze than in
pint freezer bags. Please only one layer deep in the bag.
Make sure the banana's are really ripe as they are sweeter at that point. Those banana's that have black spots on the peel are perfect, for this recipe.
-
The above ice cream got quite soft on me, as I could not find my camera.
-
Ingredients:
  • frozen bananas-figure about 1 banana per person
  • vanilla soy milk
  • Carob Powder
  • squirt of Agave Nectar-optional
  • vanilla extract-please no imitation
Directions:
  1. Put about 1/2-1 cup of frozen bananas in your food processor. This will depend on the size of your food processor.
  2. Add enough soy milk to get the consistency of soft serve ice cream. You may want to add the soymilk, gradually. If you add too much milk, just add more banana's.
  3. When ice cream is the consistency you want, add carob powder.
  4. Don't pour, like I did last evening. You may want to put in a teaspoon at a time to get as chocolaty (is that a word?) as you want.
  5. Add Agave Nectar and about 1 teaspoon or so of vanilla.
  6. Blend well.

Serve immediately.

If you freeze this it will get very hard, and you will have to leave it at room temperature for a while before eating.

I hope this helps. I didn't give exact amounts because so much depends on the size of your food processor and your personnel taste.

Oh yes, the banana's work as a binder in place of the cream and eggs. So you will always need them as a base.

You can eliminate the chocolate and put in strawberries or any fruit you like. Or any flavoring you may want. Have fun experimenting!

I hope you try it.

Enjoy!!!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could add some coconut to that! yum