Saturday, February 5, 2011

Red Pepper Party Spread


Several people have been asking for this recipe, Sorry I didn't get it to you soone
-

This deliciously rich spread is a Middle Eastern dish called Muhammara. It's easy to make and a hit at parties. If you have Super Bowl Plans this is something nice to share with your friends.
-
If you want the flavor stronger make it the day before. (I did, it is better that way)
-
Great with pita triangles, veggies or crackers.
-
Ingredients:
  • 2-3 Roasted Red Pepper-from jar- I roasted my own.
  • 2/3 cup bread crumbs, plain.- I had bread crumbs in my freezer that I had made up earlier.
  • 1 cup walnuts- toasted
  • 4 large garlic cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoon Agave Nectar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes-I used a few shakes of cayenne pepper-to taste
  • Toasted pine nuts for garnish-optional-didn't use

Directions:

Roast peppers or use Roasted Peppers in a jar.

In a food processor , combine roasted peppers and the remaining ingredients, except pine nuts.

Taste add more spices as needed.

Makes 1 cup or more.

-

-This recipe came from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's book-The Vegan Table

-

Enjoy!

No comments: