Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hawaiian Style Roasted Pineapple and Bell Peppers

Top picture- I put it on top of wild rice. Bottom picture I served it cold in a bowl.
If we can't be in Hawaii in this storm at least we can enjoy something that is really tasty.
I found this recipe in my Vegetarian Magazine. It is a Donna klein Recipe.



Ingredients:
  • 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh red bell pepper-julienne
  • 1 1/2 cups red onion cut into small wedges.
  • 1 Tablespoon toasted Sesame oil-I used Walnut Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil-I didn't use
  • 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon sweetened coconut flakes-I used 3 Tablespoons unsweetened Coconut flakes
  • 1 Tablespoon lime juice
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
  2. Arrange pineapple, pepper, onions on a ungreased glass, 13" by 9" pan.
  3. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with brown sugar, and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat.
  4. Roast pineapple mixture on center rack of the oven, for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned stirring once.
  5. Remove from oven, sprinkle with coconut flakes.
  6. Drizzle with lemon juice.
  7. Toss well to combine.
  8. Serve cold as a salad-bottom picture.
  9. Can be put on on top of rice-top picture
-This is so refreshing, served either way.
-
Enjoy!!!
-
Would love your comments.



No comments: