Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beet Burger

These are really good. Besides being tasty, they held together very nicely. If you have ever made bean burgers, you know what a problem that can be.





All the ingredients where in my home which is really great. Except the beet, that was in my garden.
I found this recipe on the Internet but changed so many ingredients in the recipe that I will give you my recipe. My friend Jean said they where very good. And she knows what she is talking about.
Ingredients:



1 medium to large raw beet-grated-I scrubbed the beet and peel


2/3 cup old fashioned oats1


1 cup portabella mushrooms chopped to the consistency of hamburger-what's hamburger?? 2 2 1/2 Tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds


1/3 cup onion-chopped


1/2 teaspoon celery seed


1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil


1/4 teaspoon each of dried sage and thyme


1 teaspoon low sodium worcesterhire sauce


1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed


1 1/2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast


A couple squirts liquid smoke-be careful not to put too much in.


Siracha sauce-to taste


1 15 oz can garbanzo beans-rinsed and in food processor chopped to the consistency of hamburger


Directions:


Mix everything together well.


Form into small patties.


In a hot sprayed pan brown on both sides. that is what I did.


Or bake in a 350 Degree oven until nice and brown on both sides, turning once.


Serve on high fiber toast or bun.


Oh yes on the toast I put a avocado that I mashed, added a little lemon juice and Siracha Sauce to it.
Spread on toast or bun before putting on the beat burger. Was great with the tomato on top.
Enjoy!!!


I am so sorry that these recipes get so spred out. I have them all nice and close and when I publish it, it gets all spread out.




















































2 comments:

Jean L. said...

MMMMM. . .so very good, Verna. . .
will be making soon. Best when enjoyed "open faced". Will add onion slice, lettuce leaf and a bit of Chipotle Hummus then open my mouth very wide to accomodate this fabulous treat. Love it!!

Verna V said...

@Jean L.Yes Jean I so agree. Open face is the only way to go. Pile that baby high with lots of good veggies.