Friday, August 5, 2011

Something New




You maybe have seen this in the stores. I bought in at Wall Mart in the glassed produce section. I have such trouble with fresh basil, which happens to be one of my favorite herbs. My basil that I planted from small plants has mites on them,. Just do not want to spray with any chemicals. I am growing basil in my garden from seeds. It's coming up but not ready to be picked. Basil does well when it is very warm outside. The problem I have is when I buy fresh basil, I put it in a small jar of water and keep at room temperature. (which is what you are suppose to do-it hates the refrigerator)
I find it just does not keep very long and I hate throwing anything away, especially food,


I found the Gourmet Garden tubes, and was thrilled. It is all organic, and actually lasts for awhile in the frig. Yes it has oil in it to keep in moist.
Anyway with my sore back I have been trying to make quick and yummy food.


I toasted Farmers WW Bread (from Breadsmith's)
in my small oven. After it was toasted, I spread some of the basil on the warm toast, spread with daiya mozzarella cheese shreds. I put it back in the oven until the cheese was melted and then topped with cherry tomato. (waiting for the large tomatoes in my garden, but this is what I have at this time.


OMG this is so easy and so very good. There is just nothing better than basil, cheese and tomato's'



The Gourmet Garden comes in other flavors also, such as lemongrass, etc.



Have a great day.


No comments: